Sunday, March 29, 2009

The start of a miniatures collection

Some of these miniatures were bought from E Bay and some I've made myself. I hope you don't mind the glares and darkness of these pictures. There is no light inside the cabinet yet.



This table top was part of a "kit bash" and legs are match sticks carved near the bottom. The mouse tea pot was made while following Christel Jensen's You tube tutorial. The bunny pot was my attempt of an original. Though I didn't realize until after I baked the fimo, I forgot the eyes..opps! I have not painted either of them. But, I prefer them white.








I made this love seat out of cardstock, gesso and lace. It is still a work in progress as it needs some fabric. I was inspired to make it from a tutorial on Lea Frisoni's Blog: un jour a la campagne.














The table was also made from cardstock with a decopauged print of an aubuson carpet. The legs are card stock with gesso and gold paint. The candlestick I bought, while the figurine was a first attempt at something so small.


























This was my first attempt at making a picture frame, while getting a feel for the clay and testing baking tempts. It probably would look better if I had of made it flat.

















This was my first doll purchased. Her name is Karianne. I fell in love as soon as I saw her holding a violin.
The cabinet is still a work in progress, and nothing is displayed how I would like it yet.








This is Delia the housekeeper. I think I caught her by surprise as she was taking a break from dusting. But Delia? Where is your duster! I guess I'll have to make you one.
















This is Claire and her husband, William who just gave her some roses. What a thoughtful gentleman! Does she look pleased or just curious as to why she got them? ...hummm I never noticed until now. She seems to be smerking! :0

















William looks like he might be a shop keeper which will be a future project. I'm kind of thinking general store perhaps?

17 comments:

  1. What lovely minis! I really like your bunny teapot and Karianne. But they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teapots are splendid...and that seat does NOT look like it was made from cardstock ... great job.

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Mini Kat and Tallulah~Belle. I'm so glad you like them. The card stock stiffens a lot after the gesso dries. It's just so much easier for me to cut card stock that it is wood. Though I do think it will be great to be able to make some furniture pieces out of real wood one day. I'm going to try something out of balsa when I can get to a store to buy some in the near future, as I hear/read you can cut it easily with an exacto knife.
    Mini Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I LOVE your cardstock love seat. By the way, thanks for popping by and following my projects blog :). You know my Indian table was partly made of wood (the base) and partly from very thin balsa that were all from a Chinese fan. Th only part that I cut was the inside of a cover made of foamlike material for the table top. After I spray painted and varnished it, it felt as stiff as the wood bits. I really love that love seat and will love to make one for my maharajah's palace. How do you do it? I hope you are feeling much much better now ..sounds like you are :D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sans, This is what inspired me:


    http://fleurs.oldiblog.com/?page=liens

    http://72.14.205.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&langpair=fr|en&u=http://creeretrealiser.oldiblog.com/%3Fpage%3Darticles%26rub%3D517781&prev=/language_tools&usg=ALkJrhgMUgZsLT8DXY3QpJsjbaiKP0SB3Q

    I hope that link comes through. It should automatically translate from French to English if it worked fine. I believe you will be just as amazed at Lea's creations over these past years. I like to say, I found great inspiration from this miniatures miniatures artist/author.
    That technique sounds great. I should try it out sometime. Foams are versatile, I would like to explore their many uses.
    Mini Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, Thank you for following my blog!
    Your teapots are great! Verry clecer off you to do one in a bunny! Your chair is going to be great!
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mary. I will definitely check it out and if I succeed in making the chair, will invite you over for cosy tete-a-tete :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary: Thank you so much for the warm welcome to miniaturing and for following my little blog! Welcome to you, too. I'm sure both of us will be just so inspired by all the great bloggers out there.
    Best,
    Mary
    p.s. You have a great name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Marlies, Your blog is fantastic! And I'm looking forward to following along in all your projects. Please don't mind if I'm away from time to time..it certainly won't be intentional.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sans, Your welcome. I will be watching for that invite for sure.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sunny Sunflower Miniatures, your name is great too! Your name reminds me of my niece who loves Sunflowers. Her uncle in-law planted a whole field of them for her wedding day at his farm, and it was simply beautiful. I will be looking forward to seeing your creations as well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary: My blog has moved to http://mizmaryminis.blogspot.com/

    Best,
    Mary (formerly of Sunny Sunflower Minis)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the invite Mary...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's where I found all my info about dollhouse wiring

    http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse_news/FEB2009/Greenleaf-Dollhouse-Kits-FEB-2009.html

    (I'm probably going with the hybrid method)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This link is very informative. Thank you Mary,for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful to see all your miniatures, so interesting, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jean, sorry it's taken me so long to find your note. Thank you.
    I hope you'll stop by again to see how my new project is coming along.

    ReplyDelete